Thursday 9 August 2012

day 6 - abbey dore to knockin (nr oswestry)

Day 6 - we followed the border up to knockin dipping in and out of England and Wales for most of the day. Was a fairly easy day - although as with many days we underestimated (or perhaps I should say I underestimated) how long the last 10 miles would take. Ended up arriving in Knockin just as it was getting dark! Leaving Abbey Dore after the rest day was a little more difficult, really felt like just staying and hanging out with Jess for another day! But once we got going it was fine. Once again pretty countryside, not too many hills! I'll update this post a little more once I have some more of the photos (jog my memory a bit!) Arriving in Knockin at the Old Forge B&B - we had a fantastic welcome and we were given a breakfast menu to fill out. This resulted in the following morning having one of the best breakfasts we have had on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment